Our client, a major US retailer, was looking to amplify their loyalty program with personalized relevant offers to their customers using suppliers and self-funding offers. Sagarmatha’s technology enables effective & transparent personalized marketing collaboration between retailers and suppliers and helps optimize offers, promotions, budget management while using ongoing measurement and analytics.
The client defined specific KPIs as success criteria:
- Maximize incremental sales and ROI
- Improve customer engagement & satisfaction from the loyalty program
- Increase trips and basket size
- Grow Share of Wallet; Reduce defectors
STRENGTHENING COLLABORATION WITH SAGARMATHA’S PLATFORM
Traditionally retailers and suppliers have separate data sets, performance goals and KPIs, thus also viewing the customer in a different manner. In order to achieve optimal performance, the strategy needs to benefit both parties, this is where Sagarmatha comes in.
Using our ML powered technology, we strengthened the collaboration together with our partner, the retailer who funded the personalized basket offer and the supplier who funded personalized product offers.
What did we do?
Working closely with our partner throughout the years we were able to analyze and optimize campaign performance and expand the number of campaigns delivered to consumers to achieve the retailer’s business goals.
As a part of this collaboration, we implemented tests & learns to improve campaign performance, we implemented constant strategy adjustments to align with business needs, and we analyzed data to recommend offers which drive loyalty and sales, implemented different strategies to different customer segments and breakdowns according to our partner’s view and business goals.
INTELLIGENT PERSONALIZED CAMPAIGNS
- Monthly campaigns: Where we targeted mostly CPG funded offers, combined with stretch/reward basket offers according to a customer’s engagement level segmentation
- Theme campaigns: Supporting a sale event that takes place inside the stores with special themed digital offers according to the marketing brief (Summer/ Back to School/ Holiday etc.)
- Category campaigns: e.g.: Pet/ Baby- with a goal to induce loyalty and “stickiness” to shopping in the different categories, these campaigns were custom made to target each segment with the right offers suitable to their shopping behavior (dog owners will receive only dog relevant offers, cats the same etc.)
INDIVIDUAL SHOPPER TARGETING
1.6 M/ Month
OFFER CONTENT LIBRARY
Mix of supplier funded product offers and retailer funded basket & category offers
THE RESULTS ARE IN…
Using our technology and subsequent strategy we were able to achieve together with the client, a continued performance increase under high complexity and scale throughout the years: