Sagarmatha is looking for a Data Engineering Team Lead, to join our next generation R&D team.
Sagarmatha provides personalization and analytics solutions for retailers around the world (N. America, Europe, Africa, Israel). We receive the loyalty data of millions of shoppers daily, and apply machine learning and optimization algorithms in order to extract insights and drive actions.
Our offices are located in Kfar-Saba.
Our product and our professional services allow retailers and suppliers to:
- Identify: analyze shopper behavior, categories and brands and find challenges and opportunities.
- Activate: Target each shopper with the right content, at the right time and through the right touchpoint.
- Analyze: Generate learnings from each retailer activity, shopper action, and customer response.
Our new product is a cloud-based scoring and targeting engine, that provides recommendations and optimization in both batch and real-time modes. It incorporates machine learning models and optimization algorithms in the area of retail and marketing.
Part of the project is moving our legacy solution into a new architecture, allowing much more scalability, flexibility, machine learning automation, easier research and faster deployment.
This role will be responsible for building these new capabilities, including laying out the tools and processes, migration of the old solution to the new environment and building new features. He/She will work closely with the data science team. The role is hands-on and requires coding and management skills.
- Design and implementation of the new cloud based, big data scoring and targeting solution
- Migrating the current algorithms and capabilities into the new environment
- Adding new capabilities and features according to product roadmap
- Laying out the infrastructure to support the data science flow required including a research and testing environment
- Work closely with the data science and product teams working on this project
- B.A/B.Sc in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or similar in a known university – an advantage
- Team management skills. At least 3 years of experience
- Software development: at least 3 years of experience
- Experience with distributed big-data environment (Spark)
- Coding languages: Scala plus at least one other (Python, Java, C#)
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience using orchestration solutions (e.g. Luigi, AirFlow) – an advantage
- Experience working in cloud based environments like AWS, Google Cloud or Azure.
- Experience working with a data science/recommendations team to deploy machine learning solutions – a big advantage
- Experience building real-time marketing applications (e.g. Ad-tech, real-time recommendations) – an advantage
- Creative, Initiative, and a great person to work with!
If you fit this profile, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org