Senior big data developer
About The Position
Sagarmatha is looking for a senior big data developer to join our next generation development team.
Our product is a targeting and recommendation platform, with a cloud based machine learning engine running on cutting edge big data technologies and multiple user interfaces for both campaign management and analytics.
In this role, you will join our big data development team and participate in building cloud based big data platform for AI based personalization and recommendation engine for both batch and online (e-commerce ) use cases.
· Be part of a small team of professionals building the next generation big data and personalization engine of the company.
· Build infrastructure for a cloud based platform handling huge amount of data and complex machine learning based solution.
· Develop in python, spark and Scala
· Work closely with data scientists and develop machine learning based solutions
· Work with modern big data databases ( Delta lake, Snowflake, Exasol, Cassandra ) as well as Relational databases ( SQL server, MySQL)
· Work with serverless technologies
· 3-6 years of experience in enterprise grade back end development (Java/Python/Scala)
· At least 2 years of experience in big data development preferably in Spark
· Experience in big data projects, Hadoop/big data ecosystems
· Experience with data stores like delta-lake, parquet files, EXASOL, Vertica, Cassandra etc.
· Experience with large scale data processing.
· Experience in Azure - advantage
· Experience with serverless technology - advantage
· Experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies
· Excellence and huge motivation to learn and develop complex solutions
· Can do attitude and make it happen approach – must!
· Passion for technology
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in Hebrew and English
· Creative, Initiative, and a great person to work with!