Data Science team lead
About The Position
Sagarmatha is looking for a team lead for data science and algorithms, to join our next generation R&D team. Our products use a combination of machine learning models (prediction, classification, clustering) and optimization algorithms in the area of retail and marketing.
We are in the process of moving our legacy product into a new architecture, allowing much more scalability, machine learning automation, applying state of the art algorithms, easier research and faster deployment.
This role will be responsible for building these new capabilities from the data science side, including laying out the tools and processes, migration of the old algorithms to the new environment and building new models. He/She will work closely with the director of development of this project. The role requires both data science and algorithmic skills (including hands-on) and management skills.
Sagarmatha provides personalization and analytics solutions for retailers around the world (N. America, Europe, Africa, Israel). We receive the loyalty data of millions of shoppers daily, and apply machine learning and optimization algorithms in order to extract insights and drive actions. Our product and our professional services allow retailers and suppliers to:
· Identify: analyze shopper behavior, categories and brands and find challenges and opportunities.
· Activate: Target each shopper with the right content, at the right time and through the right touchpoint.
· Analyze: Generate learnings from each retailer activity, shopper action, and customer response.
· Building a new data science team for this project
· Laying out the tools and processes for applying machine learning in our new product environment
· Migrating the current algorithms into the new environment
· Building a research and testing environment that will lead to easy deployment of new models
· Research and deploy new models to support new features
· Responsibility for the on-going performance of the algorithms incorporated in the solution
· Work closely with the development and product teams working on this project
· B.Sc in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or similar in a known university.
· M.Sc or PHD - an advantage.
· Team/Group management skills. At least 1 year experience.
· Data science: at least 5 years experience in machine learning algorithms in the areas of classification and prediction.
· Knowledge in Recommendation systems - an advantage.
· Familiarity with the retail and marketing landscape – an advantage.
· Modeling languages: Python, Scala (preferably both).
· Experience applying data science in a distributed environment (e.g. PySpark) – a big advantage.
· Creative, Initiative, and a great person to work with!